If you own or manage a small or medium business, you probably don't get a lot of time to yourself. After seeing to it that your company is running smoothly, taking care of your family, and tending to other mundane daily chores, there is not a lot of time to relax or beat stress. These days, there's an iPhone app for everything (and in some instances, hundreds for everything) and beating stress is no different. People are turning to their cell phones for everything from job hunting to cooking, so, why not take a few minutes out of your busy day and let your iPhone help you relax? Below you'll find a list of great apps that will help beat stress in a variety of ways.
If you are simply looking for quick stress relief that you can take advantage of in you car, at your desk, or while you're sitting in an airport, here are a few great apps to take advantage of.
1. Massage Me - Allows you to use your phone's vibration to give yourself a quick massage.
2. iHateMyJob - Vent about work, but don't be surprised if you get some good advice in return.
3. Fracture - In the mood to break things? This app lets you break your iPhone...virtually, of course!
4. Stress Shaker - Watch a boat sail the ocean as the app provides you with thought provoking quotes. If you're really stressed, shake your phone. The more you shake your phone, the more appropriate the quotes become to your stress level.
5. Stress Relief: Smash Edition - With this app, you can "smash" everything from electronics to food to coffee mugs.
Maybe you don't have time to exercise and would like to squeeze in a quick workout at lunch, while you're traveling, or anytime. Here are some of the top apps that will make it easier for you to get in a little stress-reducing workout each day:
1. iPump and Fitness Builder - provides you with a variety of workouts and you can narrow them down based on your location (ie: hotel room)
2. FitDeck - this app offers you instruction on a number of basic exercises that can be done anywhere, using only your own body weight.
3. Yoga Relax - offers soothing music, simple poses, and workouts for 1-36 minutes.
4. Run Keeper - if you want to go for a job, this app will track your pace, speed, and elevation, as well as track your run on a map, which is really good for new and unusual locations
5. Yoga Trainer Pro - customize your own workout with hundreds of poses that can be done anytime, anywhere
If you think being more organized would help relieve you of some of your daily stress, you're right! Maintaining home and business life isn't easy, and there are also apps to help you organize the rest of your life:
1. To Do's - does exactly what the name says. Create your "to do" list, and move items up and down according to priority.
2. Grocery IQ - This app allows you to jot down your grocery list as you think of it. Remember you need milk while in you're a meeting? Just type it into your iPhone and let the app categorize your purchases.
3. Flight Track - This is pretty self-explanatory. Have to pick up a relative or business client at the airport? Track flight times, departures and more.
4. The Weather Channel - There's nothing worse than showing up to work in a sweater when it's 80 degrees outside, or forgetting your umbrella when your day requires you to travel across town on the rainiest day of the year.
5. Evernote - By far, the most popular app for note-taking. It ranks highest on almost every "top" list on every website across the web.