Tuesday, May 04, 2010

If you live in Cincinnati Vote no on Issue ONE!




Yes, yes, it all sounds so good and it cites the old and really true principle that in order to make money you have to spend money-all correct! But one interesting and disturbing fact remains-south west Ohio particularly the Cincinnati area lags very far behind in awards for this program. Don’t believe me? Take a look at this publication issued by the state of Ohio:

http://ohiothirdfrontier.com/Documents/RecentPublications/Third_Frontier_Annual_Report2009.pdf

Let me direct your attention to page 22 where the distribution by county is laid out in pie chart form. The Cincinnati area is woefully under represented in this important area. Frankly we should all get on the phone with our local state representative and he or she needs a good chewing out session. Aren’t these people supposed to work in our best interests? Frankly from these results it seems that either they are lazy or inept-neither is acceptable for a public servant!

Here is where you can contact your state representative to register your angst:

http://www.house.state.oh.us/index.php?option=com_displaymembers

I emailed mine today letting him know I am demanding a few more wins in this area or I will work to find someone who can bring back some dollars to our area, I implore you to do the same.

As for Issue 1, I can’t vote for it because of the funding inequity by county, and the simple fact that it addresses nothing for millions of Ohioans from ages 25-65 who remain unemployed or underemployed.

As for the driving point of this blog, I think we all need to make some chamber of commerce meetings and town hall events as small business people. The state swears up and down that taxes will not increase, and I am sure we all believe that one, right?

As for me, I can say with a lot of heart –Show me some money!!!



Looking for a GeoVison Security Camera System to help secure your small or medium business? Call www.CameraSecurityNow.com today at 877-422-1907 for a free phone consultation. Ask about the new Hybrid DVR/NVR surveillance solutions.

No comments: